This week we laid down a gorgeous rug from RugsUSA which pulled the room together. I learned to always buy the biggest rug you can for the room. The room is a little smaller, especially with two beds in it so we purchased a 6×9 and it fits great!
I really tried to incorporate details that our boys requested. Ry really wanted trees above his bed so on my hunt I found these gorgeous vintage national park prints from AndersonDesignGroup and I love the color tie in.
I have found a love for layers in room but doing a kid’s room was challenging for me. Conceptually, you could just throw all the pretty things in there and call it good but from a Mom standpoint I really want everything to be functional, practical and safe for two boys!
I kept everything fairly simplistic but I love the use of color. We decided to keep our existing Beddy’s Bedding in Nautical Navy and I love the contrast against the green room.
TO-DO LIST UPDATES
- -Take measurements and before photos – DONE!
- -Purchase board and batten – DONE!
- -Choose paint colors at Sherwin Williams online + test samples – DONE!
- -Get paint c/o Sherwin Williams – DONE!
- -Paint top 1/3 of room with two coats with color 1 – DONE! I will share exact color formulas in my reveal post
- -Paint bottom 2/3 of room with two coats with color 2 – DONE!
- -Cut boards – DONE!
- -Install board and batten – DONE!
- -Fill nail holes – DONE!
- -Calk seams – DONE!
- -Finish framing window – DONE!
- -Make dresser (cut this from our plans based on scale of room)
- -Tear out existing closet shelving – DONE!
- -Paint closet – DONE!
- -Build out new shelving system – DONE!
- -Install ceiling fan – DONE!
- -Install bed lighting – DONE!
- -Install roman shade c/o Select Blinds – DONE!
- -Touch up paint – DONE!
- -Finish framing out closet – DONE!
- -Find closet door handles – DONE!
- -Add finishing details: rug, decor, map, books/bookcase (artwork found via AndersonDesignGroup!!!) – DONE!
- -Break down cost – DONE!
- -Photograph room – DONE!
- –REVEAL JUNE 25 – NEXT WEEK!!!
I want to thank the amazing brands I am fortunate enough to be partnering with for the ORC:
Check out more amazing designers on the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE BLOG and I can’t wait to show y’all this room next week!