I don’t know about you but I love a good PopTart. When I came home from the hospital with Ryker, it was seriously my biggest midnight craving. I found out it was because most of my milk came in at night and I was craving sugar! eek! Since then I keep a little protein bar by my bed for a healthier option but still love a good pastry now at then!
Since LOVE Day is right around the corner we tried our hand at making these fun homemade pop-tarts!
Servings: 4 people
- Heart Shape Cookie Cutter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese whipped
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry Glaze
- 2 Pillsbury Ready-made Pie Crust you could make your own or use puffed pastry sheets!
- Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese
- Red Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out dough on floured surface and cut out hearts.
- Place bottom heart on lined cookie sheet.
- Mix honey, whipped cream cheese, and glaze together.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of filling onto bottom heart and place second heart on top. Be careful not to over fill!
- Repeat with all hearts.
- Using a fork press and seal the edges of the two hearts together and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool before icing.
- While cooling, mix your glaze adding sugar and milk for desired thickness and dye for desired color.
- Ice tarts and top with sprinkles or decorations as you wish!