I have been looking for some yummy sweet substitutes during for Lent this year since I have been trying to eat no desserts. Less than 1 week left and I think I did pretty good! I use to have to have a bowl of ice cream or a cookie ever night after supper but now I barely crave sugar 🙂 I am definitely ready for birthday cake this weekend but I hope to keep up my healthy habits!
Here is one of my new favorite ‘clean eating’ recipes, I love it because there is no processed sugar or oil! I think it turned out delicious! The bread is super moist and pretty dense, and Cam likes to eat it cold for breakfast and I heat mine up for 15 seconds in the microwave.
SO Good! Enjoy 🙂
Healthy Banana Bread
- 2 cups Flour You can use gluten free or whole wheat as well
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar Free Organic Applesauce
- 3/4 cup Raw Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Bananas
- Optional: Walnuts, Pecans or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix applesauce and honey.
- Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Stir banana mix into flour mixture and then pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- If you want to add additional toppings - sprinkle on top!
- Bake for 60-65 minutes and cool on wire rack.
- Store covered for up to 1 week.