I have been looking for some yummy sweet substitutes during for Lent this year since I have been trying to eat no desserts. Less than 1 week left and I think I did pretty good! I use to have to have a bowl of ice cream or a cookie ever night after supper but now I barely crave sugar 🙂 I am definitely ready for birthday cake this weekend but I hope to keep up my healthy habits!
Here is one of my new favorite ‘clean eating’ recipes, I love it because there is no processed sugar or oil! I originally found this recipe here! I think it turned out delicious! The bread is super moist and pretty dense, and Cam likes to eat it cold for breakfast and I heat mine up for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- 2 Cups Flour (or use Whole Wheat Flour)
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Free Applesauce
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix applesauce and honey. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Stir banana mix into flour mixture and then pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes and cool on wire rack.
KT's Tip: Add in some walnuts or dark chocolate chips if you are looking for extra flavor!