One of my favorite parts of the holidays is baking & spending time making Christmas treats for neighbors & friends. I taught Ryker all about sprinkles this year & he loved it! haha He kept shaking the little container & sprinkles were getting everywhere but we had so much fun. With my little elf running around I wanted something quick & easy I could bring over to friends, so I added a little twist on the traditional Rice Krispie Treat recipe to make it a little more festive.
Hope you enjoy!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 package marshmallows (10 oz)
- 5-10 drops of green food coloring
- Holiday Sprinkles
- M&Ms chocolate candies
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low adding in marshmallows until completely melted
- Add in green food coloring & mix until evenly spread throughout. Then remove from heat
- Stir in cereal 2 cups at a time until covered
- Lay parchment paper in a cookie sheet & spread treats for a 1" think layer
- Using your Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut out your trees & set aside
- Decorate with M&Ms & holiday sprinkles!
- These would be so cute adding in edible glitter & metallic candies, so have fun being creative!