This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ItsAMatch, #DietCoke #CollectiveBias
Okay you probably saw the new Diet Coke® commercial during the big game but if not go watch it right now because that chick had me feeling the all the grooves of all the NEW flavors of Diet Coke. Basically it’s the same great Diet Coke with a twist. Like the fling with zing Diet Coke® Twisted Mango!
Call me crazy, but when I think mango I am instantly transported to a beach eating street tacos, chips and salsa! That’s why I thought it would be a fresh, delicious dinner night to pair Diet Coke Twisted Mango with easy chicken street tacos topped with juicy mango salsa.
Is your mouth watering yet? Because I literally just ate this for dinner and I am still craving more!
Let’s take a break from our everyday routine and mix it up with an unexpected twist in flavor! New sleek Diet Coke cans come in flavors like Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange, Ginger Lime, and of course the wild child and my personal favorite Twisted Mango! The Original Diet Coke is also getting a facelift while keeping the same great taste it’s always had!
Okay so lots of bold new flavors with the same great taste but you are probably wondering which one to try first, yeah?! Well you are IN LUCK! Take this quiz to find your best match and in the mean time look for the single cans so you can try all the new flavors on a dime!
Let’s get cooking shall we? Great taste awaits!
- Head to your local Kroger – Here in Arizona that means our Fry’s Food Store just down the street – and grab all the ingredients needed PLUS your Diet Coke Twisted Mango!
- Groove Out! Turn on your favorite tunes and groove while you sip your favorite flavor of Diet Coke and get cooking
- Salsa Prep! I like to assemble my salsa first and set it aside in the refrigerator to chill. I topped our tacos with my favorite homemade Mango Salsa which is so simple to whip up and delicious on EVERYTHING. If you are in a rush and don’t feel like chopping up all the ingredients, just toss them in a blender and do a few pumps on the low setting and you will have perfect salsa in seconds!
- Let’s Get Cooking! Place thawed diced chicken breasts in a gallon size bag. Whisk together lime juice, 1 Tbsp olive oil, chili powder and cumin and pour over chicken. Shake to coat all your chicken and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill Master! Preheat large pan to medium heat adding 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic and onion till sautéed. Add in diced chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken 5-7 minutes each side till golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Top It Off! Layer Chicken into taco shells with cheddar cheese, cilantro and mango salsa!
- Eat UP! Serve your tacos alongside ice cold Diet Coke Twisted Mango and bask in your relaxing and delicious evening!
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lime Squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (1 Tbsp for marinade, 1 Tbsp for cooking)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Corn Taco Shells
- Mango Salsa* (see my linked recipe)
- Place thawed diced chicken breasts in a gallon size bag.
- Whisk together lime juice, 1 Tbsp olive oil, chili powder and cumin and pour over chicken.
- Shake to coat entire chicken and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat large pan to medium heat adding 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic and onion till sautéed.
- Add in diced chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken 5-7 minutes each side till golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Layer into taco shells with cheddar cheese, cilantro and mango salsa!
Leave me a comment letting me know which flavor your best match quiz paired you with and I seriously hope you enjoy. I know we sure did!