Photography: Rachael Pearce Photography
Since starting my last semester of nursing school I am in major overdrive. Long days sitting in lecture and longer days at the hospital means my workout and health schedule takes a back seat. Below are a few tips that I have set for myself to stay healthy and happy!
1. DRINK WATER. It helps me stay hydrated and I have noticed a huge bonus in my skin! Goodbye teenage breakouts! Don’t believe me? Studies show that staying hydrated helps elevate your mood, prevent headaches, promote healthy weight loss & so much more!
2. SLEEP. I am SO not a person that runs on a few hours of sleep and I know it’s the most important thing to help me through the next 12 weeks.
3. EAT FRUIT. People everywhere are talking about smart eating and clean eating. Don’t know where to start? Clean eating can be so overwhelming but a good rule of thumb is if it doesn’t have a label it’s probably a good choice. I LOVE fruit & as summer approaches, fruit is fresh, cheap, and delicious. I pretty much went fruit crazy at the market and love having a naturally sweet snack with me when I get hangry (it’s the real deal) 🙂
4. MEDITATE. When I wake up I love to take five to prepare mentally for the day, stretch, and give myself a mini pep talk. You wouldn’t believe the difference it can make in your day. If you aren’t feeling up to the pep talk challenge here is some help.
5. SCHEDULE. In the short amount of down time that I have I like to plan out my Pure Barre and yoga days so that I can hold myself accountable! Sticking to a plan can really keep you motivated to workout or grab a friend to help hold you to your goals!
P.S. These are two of my favorite workout brands featured above so if you haven’t tried one you NEED to! Trust me you won’t regret it 🙂