This post is sponsored by NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. #nesquikatwm #ENpowertheday
Bringing a new baby into the family changes a lot of things and I have been really focused on creating consistant routines for Ry to recognize and look forward to. One that I feel we have down pat is our morning schedule. I notice that keeping these 5 things regular helps us have a better start to our day and overall keeps everyone’s mood HAPPY!
- When Ryker wakes up, the first thing he does is come into my room to snuggle. I am usually already up but still in bed, nursing Riggs and just enjoying the silence (ya feel me Mamas?!) We all snuggle for a little bit and talk about what we are going to do that day – play date, paint, puzzles, errands, etc. I find that actually letting Ry in on our scheduled activities helps him not feel so overwhelmed when it comes time to head to the store. Even though he is two and a half, I think he appreciates it!
- Once Riggs is done eating, we do the diaper change line up! You get the idea. Everyone gets changed and dressed for the day. I am trying to make a habit of getting Mom dressed during this time too. It’s usually do-able if Ry wants to color or play with puzzles. It’s all about finding that right balance. Today Rykee chose to color – but as you can see from my PJ’s and someones face… the colors found their way off the paper! haha #momlife Some days are a little crazy but keeping the right attitude keeps us going!
- Next, we turn on the music and keep the TV off! I try really really hard to not let Ry watch TV in the mornings (or at all) sometimes after naps or if he just needs to chill out but I have found that he is so much happier and well-behaved sans television. He does like dancing and so ALEXA turns on some tunes and we all jam out. I think music instantly puts everyone in a fun mood. I light a candle and make breakfast while Ry plays and Riggs does some tummy time or hangs out in his swing.
- Ry has been eating like a grown man! I know he is growing and it’s kind of adorable to see his little muscles (kid has major calves) and I love to start the day by giving him all the nutrients he needs to fuel his day. He loves chocolate milk and so I tried out NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Super Breakfast. It’s packed with 12 grams of protein and is made with real milk and real cocoa that is the Nesquik® taste we know and love. I grew up loving chocolate milk and Ry must take after me because he loves it too! There is no high fructose corn syrup and has calcium to help grow strong bones. Super Breakfast is a delicious part of a complete breakfast and we love pairing it with berries and a whole grain bagel thin!
- After breakfast we always take some time to read a few books. This one on one time is the best. Riggs is usually taking his mid-morning nap and it give Ry and me time to spend together. I notice on days that he doesn’t get this (errands, appointments) he is really needy for my attention. Giving each kid a little time by themselves with Mom + Dad is something I am trying really hard to keep up.
I love how convenient the NEW Nesquik® Super Breakfast is! Check out THIS ibotta offer and try it out for yourself!
You can find Nesquik® in the juice aisle.